Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Schizophrenic Style: With Love in Her Eyes and Flowers in Her Hair

   I have never been one to wear flowers in my hair, or any other quintessentially girly adornments... even so there is something that rings so true to me about songs written over the ages by men professing their love for the "girl with flowers in her hair". Something inside me feels deeply acknowledged whenever such words come flowing through my car speakers. I am that girl and I am known. Not by the singer, or the songwritter and not even by those who may happen to be listening alongside of me... I am known by someone above all of that, and not only am I wholly and completely known by Him but I am loved. My audience, the one that really matters, the one that sees it all... every quirk and every fault... is utterly and completely captivated with me. In me He is delighted, and nothing reminds me of that quite like the voice of Robert Plant or Marcus Muford singing about flowers in hair.

   The time I spent working with Image101 this past weekend was restorative in more ways than I could have anticipated. One of the most significant gifts I received over the weekend was a feeling. It wasn't something we discussed or intentionally exercised but came naturally as a result of our focus on self discovery... the ability to genuinely accept a compliment, without guilt or shame or that ever so annoying impulse to counteract it with a barrage of self deprecating one liners disguised as humility. A weight was lifted... one I hadn't realized was there in the first place.

   I may not wear flowers in my hair but my spirit dances in fields of wildflowers like the one printed on my skirt and the yellow sun shines brighter than the buttons on my new favorite blouse hugging every inch of me with it's warmth.






 

Eyeshadow
Flamepoint, Buttercupcake and Love+ from the Burning Heart pallet by Sugarpill
Tank Top - Target
Perfect Conduct Dress - Modcloth
Skirt - T.J.Maxx
Tights - don't remember
Shoes - Kohls (my go to boots)







2 comments:

  1. Loooove your eye makeup! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the floral skirt... pretttyyyy
    and i don't think i've mentioned, but your hair looks great! i've never had the guts to try a different color- never dyed my hair at all!.. but i've wanted toooooo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...