Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crafting Conundrum

   It seems that I am in the midst of a creative block, at least in terms of physically creating things. I'm also feeling a slight wane in my motivation to write... I have plenty of topics I'm inspired by, but they all feel so monumental at the moment, and frankly the Benadryl I just took to clear up my sinuses has me feeling all sorts of weird right now. So, since I still have the urge to seek out inspiration and ideas here are a few things I've come across that are pushing me to jump back on the proverbial saddle, in hopes that sharing them will inevitably lead to me actually doing something creative:

1) This really amazing sewing box from Etsy. If I had an extra $25 laying around I would snap this up in a heartbeat!




2) A cake so cute you almost don't want to eat it...almost. I found it featured over at Twig & Thistle:




3) The diorama-esqe suitcases Astrid created at the end of White Oleander:

4) Vintage camera stamps that are shaped like cameras!!




5) Using (free) wine crates as shelves... I've been wanting to employ this trick for a while now:




What creative projects are you currently working on? What do you do when you lack the motivation to create to help yourself jump back in the driver's seat?

I've spent so much time cleaning and babyproofing that I feel like instead of adding beauty and creativity to our home, I am actually removing it... even though in it's place there is now simple, clutter free, cleanliness, something even I can't complain about! In the back of my mind I think that this purge of "stuff" I've been indulging in is in some ways a build up to a major creative explosion of sorts. Only time will tell.






5 comments:

  1. I'm creating art out of COBOL for an AT&T program.

    ;^) :^p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the least craft person I know, but I love sewing kits and knitting needles and wool in baskets, just wish I could use them properly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant I am least crafty person I know (love all crafts) also can't type that well...Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting is the next thing on my long list of things I want to learn how to do! I know so many ladies who are amazing at knitting and it totally inspires me to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow.. LOVE the wine crate shelf idea.. hmmmm.. if i ever actually ooowwnn a place hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...