Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Farm Take 2


As a little girl I loved summer just like all of the other kids but, though I may not have always admitted it I longed for Fall... I waited and waited until it was just the right time of year to pull out the Halloween decorations and pick out our pumpkins.

As I got older I looked forward to what it would be like to take my own children to the pumkin farm. Last year Bastian was barely a month old when we went and though he didn't put up a fight during the family rocking chair photos... he didn't really have a clue where he was either.


This year he didn't cry when we set him down amidst the pumpkins for a photo op... though he may have fussed a bit when we lifted him back out.


He took in all of the sights and sounds, as if is were a brand new experience.


Because, really? It was.


And it was new for us too, through his eyes. We got down on all fours to see it all from his perspective, crawling to be like him even though now he walks and runs.
We may be ahead of him in years but we still seem to always be one step behind him.
Forever playing catch(up).


Three generations of Autumn lovers taking in the crisp air, casually bantering back and forth over which breed of pumpkin we like best. The green, the orange or the white.
Checking to see what it is that has caught the littlest ones eyes this time.
The corn stalks, the wooden fire engine... maybe the big petting zoo sign.


And as we all know good things must come to an end.
There are naps to be had and long drives home.
Songs to be sung.
Stories to be read.


Goodnight pumpkins...



2 comments:

  1. <3 I also love fall, more so with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid my parents took me to the pumpkin patch. Some of my fondest memories. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...