Monday, August 1, 2011

Tidal Waves and Major Changes

Well, after a super awesome crazy weekend of (seriously) epic proportions here I am sitting back at home, laptop on my lap taking a quick breath as my son naps in his crib upstairs. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to blog about the events of the past few days. I still feel, well, undecided. But since writing is on my daily checklist and I have nothing else pressing on my mind in that same sort of way, the "I've got to get this down in words" sort of way... here I am.

For several years now I have been a part of a leadership development organization that is world-class... head and shoulders above the rest. And for that I have been so extremely grateful. But It would be lying to say that I didn't spend a lot of that time just sitting around waiting. Knowing that the world is in the process of changing, not fully preparing for it but knowing just the same that I would be playing a part in it when the time came. I have known that the way we make money in the Western World is shifting drastically and that out of that shift new industries will be formed and that if I just stuck around I could be one of those people who gets out there on my surf board at the right time and ride a massive wave. And though I am sad to say that instead of practicing my surfing skills and spending time in the water I have been sitting on the shore simply keeping my toes wet... I am happy to report that I never packed up my beach bag and towel, I never strapped my board back to the top of my car and drove "home"... and now I am paddling... now the wave is forming beneath me and I may not be the best surfer on the water but it's power can carry me nonetheless.

A lot of lives are going to be changed for the better. I am honored to have the opportunity to be a part of that...




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...