Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Place to Call Our Own

Well we finally did it... we put our condo on the market! Now comes the hard part, waiting to see what happens! I know it's only been a day since we signed the paperwork, heck pictures haven't even been taken for the listing yet, but I'm getting antsy. I'm prone to feeling this way about things. I like to have everything figured out, and it's not helping that everywhere I turn I'm hearing "It's such a bad market for sellers right now". Of this fact I am painfully aware... but I have hope, and would like it to stay that way, thanks.

I am also painfully aware of Bastian's need for his own room. More so MY need for him to have his own room. I am ready to have my own space to retreat to, we are all in need of that right now. Thing is, I've already fallen in love with a particular space. We were out driving around the other day and were frankly exhausted and ready to be home but despite that decided to check out some side streets to see what kind of places may be available in that area. It wasn't planned, and almost didn't happen, which of course leads my over-romanticized mind to think that it's simply meant to be. Honestly I don't know if it's a test or a sign. What I do know is that I can picture spending Bastian's baby years there, having another baby there, hosting family get-togethers, holidays, bonfires in the backyard, watching thunderstorms from the screened-in front porch...

Image c/o Diana Parkhouse
In the mean time all I can do is clean and pack... anything really to distract me from the fact that I am waiting...






2 comments:

  1. Well, if it is a Good time for BUYERS...they have to buy from someone who is SELLING...right? Then it's a good time for sellers too. If you list it, they will come....good luck
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...