Thursday, October 11, 2012

Masquerade Madness

   A few weeks ago I officially began work on a project that I am incredibly excited about. It would seem that my love of bold, wild, dramatic make-up is paying off in a way that I could never have even hoped for... I am currently putting together looks that I will be providing as a freelance makeup artist this New Years Eve (in addition to select other December dates) at, get this, a masquerade ball.

   I am pretty sure that I have been talking about how much fun it would be to go to and/or host a masquerade ball for about as far back as I can remember. While other little girls were dreaming of being Cinderella as she was whisked away by Prince Charming, I was taken by the lovely masks and dresses...  then when I saw the Ever After version? It was a done deal. Someday I would attend one of these balls. Not for the guy or the attention... not even revenge (er, justice?) but for the costumes! of those glorious costumes!

   All that being said, this is going to be yet another picture heavy post. A preview if you will. More heavy writing content to come in the very near future I promise (my notes to self are brimming over and overflowing every which where with ideas for great topics and other inspirations so be on the look out). For now I would like to share some images taken by the talented Lindsay Grace and few by myself (the ones in which Lindsay is modeling). All looks were inspired by video tutorials on the Klaire De Lys Youtube page.

  Our first look is a simple, yet stunning lace detail on the eyes and glittery lips for those feeling a tad frisky but not so brave as to get a full face look. These are modeled by the lovely Danielle Slater.  This look was done using a liquid liner, lash glue, rhinestones Lime Crime's Lipstick in Chinchilla with loose silver glitter applied directly on top.



















   Next we have Miss Lindsay Grace (my beautiful and talented sister) in a full mask look with added rhinestones detail on her shoulder. Both shadows used in this look were from the Sugarpill Heart Breaker palette. The lipstick is Kat Von D's Oh My Goth (my new favorite lippie). And of course there is plenty more of the lash glue and rhinestones as evident in the photos.



















   Last up is the look I did on myself using the already mentioned Heart Breaker palette in conjunction with Sugarpill's Burning Heart palette, some glitter and a scrap piece of lace to create the pattern.



















   My Aunt who will be providing musical entertainment with her husband at the same event also began work on a Monarch butterfly and we put together a sparkly design for those daring ladies with backless dresses... but those will have to wait until a later date.

If you were going to a masquerade ball and could have any look you so desired what would it be?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...